Monday, June 22, 2009

Ironies

A little bit about myself...

My name is Lisa and I was a model with Cproductions to showcase girls with hairy arms. I am more confident now of the hairs on my arm as a result of my exposure to the Cproductions team. In comparison to some of the other models on the website, I probably have very little arm hair and it's amazing to see how many people are supportive of this natural state of a woman. Such a simple feature, that involves no alteration, but just pure realness (if that's a word).

I think that Chris got it right on with his first post about how girls don't realize the hairs on their arms til boys start liking girls with little to no arm hairs. Personally this is how I came to dislike my arm hair.

My background is hispanic, I have a slightly darker complexion and very dark thick black hair. I went to a high school with a larger causian population (i.e white, blue eyes, perfect hair, and just about hairless) and this was when I began noticing my arm hair and how it wasn't an attractive feature. At that point I thought I had to get rid to get noticed by any boy. I can say tho I didn't divulge much in getting rid of my arm hair, I probably waxed about a dozen times and bleached a few times within my highschool years (5 years in total, which I don't think is too bad). I can't say either that I was ever picked on or pointed out during my school years because I had hairy arms. It was more of an internal thing that I convinced myself had to be my 'unattractive' feature - I consider I'm an average looking person, no supermodel that's for sure! I convinced myself of this because I wasn't getting the attention of the boys in highschool and of course mass media's definition of beauty. Luckily I survived highschool.

Then onto university, a good 4 years that I cherish to this day. This was when I wasn't preoccupied with my arm hair, because I was there to get my degree and focus on school - that was my mission. And then out of nowhere, unexpecting I get noticed because of my arm hairs - like wtf!! The turns of life, and I find out that some people DO like arm hairs - who woulda thought - not me, not in a million years. This gave me much more confidence without a doubt and ever since university I haven't done anything to my arm hairs, except for leaving them in their natural state. Such a simple gesture changed my mind about hairy arms, I guess that's all I ever needed, to know that it wasn't considered 'gross' by the opposite sex. And just like Lexy said in her previous post I am now also proud of my arm hairs. Don't need any of that rubbish that it's not attractive!

Now I work in an office atmosphere, can't say I've seen too many women with hairy arms where I work, but then again the majority of the office is male dominated and old suits. But in my outings I definately do notice girls that have hairy arms.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa,

    I'm happy you've gotten over your uneasiness concerning the subject. Many women find such a characteristic pressuring mostly because of media pressure. But guys like me who also admire the presence of hair on a the feminine arm feel much the same way. I, myself, find it hard to express this passion I have. It's only through Chris' site that I can really tell girls how much I appreciate the beauty they have. We're all created in a certain way, and to me, arm hair on a woman is an amazing part of the canvas of female beauty. It compliments the sensuality within them and brings forth something raw and intiguing. So, let me take this opportunity to say you are beautiful to me and many others. Thank you for being so honest. Maybe us guys can be honest with ourselves as well and appreciate what deserves to be admired.

    ReplyDelete