Friday, March 19, 2010

How do I feel about my arm hair now? (update)

I'm not going to lie. I like the way smooth arms look but I also like how hairy arms feel. My arms personally have a nice, texturized feel. I was sitting on my couch the other day and just running my fingers through my arm hair and it was surprisingly soft. I also realized that being 'womanly' doesn't mean you have to shave every single hair on your body, and I say this because I attend church a lot and have been 'growing' up and using more heels and skirts and dresses and these things make me forget that I have hairy arms. I feel like a women every day.

I have body hair all over and thicker on some areas than others (my abdomen area and a little on my back) but hair...is hair. Just because mine shows more than the average AMERICAN woman doesn't mean I can't do the same things and like the same things she does.

Also, I admit, I still look for reasons to why I could be so hairy. I have found some conditions and one that popped out was called Hirsutism and the images that came up on Google images, were not the prettiest, but what can we do? Women are actually born like that. In some serious cases, they could shave once in a while, haha. But other than that, we should just let our bodies do their own thing.

maybe this link will make girls who shave think twice:)

CLICK HERE

there are some semi-nude pictures on there, so be careful, lol.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Popckic!

    I enjoyed your blog. Thanks for sharing :). It's nice to read other girls' experiences with arm hair. And in the end you realize it's part of you and you might as well accept it. It makes us unique. I don't even really think of it as 'ohh noo I have hairy arms!!', it's more of a 'yeah I've got hair on my arm, big deal!'.
    I also like the feel of my arm hair. I'm always combing it out with my fingers so it looks neat. Yeah I realize that sounds weird!
    And I agree about your thought on wondering why I'm so hairy in other parts of my body. I struggle with this the most - aside from the arm hair - due to the amount of tiny hairs around my cheek and cheek bones and leading to my sideburns. And in my chest area. I just don't understand why I have hair in these areas. I do hot yoga and as the name states, it's in a very hot room and hence you sweat profusely. As I try to focus on the positions I catch myself looking at the sweat drops that stick to every single hair on my chest and stomach. Very distracting and makes me realize the ridiculous amount of hair I have in my chest and stomach area. I just don't understand why??
    But what can I do, just let it be I guess!!

    ~*Lisa*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popchic,

    I agree with your comment about liking the feel as well as the look of hairy arms. I wish more ladies felt as you do. As for why you are so hairy in other parts of your body, why worry about it? It's a gift...accept it. Do you have any plans to model as Lisa has? As a photographer yourself, you would probably be able to stage the photos very well. We can only hope... Best wishes, Bilbo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bilbo Popckic does model!!

    And Lisa and Popckic: Ladies, believe me when I say there's nothing wrong with you to be so fuzzy. I don't think you realize how many women have hair in different places. LOTS!!! Its mostly genetic, and both of you being from Spanish heritage are genetically prone to darker, thicker hair. This goes for the head and everywhere else. You're both perfect just the way you were made! Don't let it bother you! Its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete