Tuesday, July 7, 2009

New Pick Up Line

I wonder why not more girls get pick-up lines something along:
'Oh you have nice arm hair' or
'Your arm hair is really beautiful'

There's always the generic ‘your hot’ or something to that effect. How come we can’t get complimented on our arm hair?!

All sorts of compliments fly at a club/bar when trying to pick up, but you don’t hear compliments about hairy arm sexiness. Sadly there are soo many ads out there pressuring girls and guys (for that matter) to be completely smooth and hairless, that getting a compliment of the opposite sort is hard to come by. I wouldn’t mind tho if someone at a club/bar complimented me on my arm hair – that would be neat. But I know it can be difficult for some guys to outright say that, to them that may seem like a foreign comment to say that perhaps may not end well. I dunno. All I know I like compliments about my arm hair, just like compliments about other features!!

Altho I’ve noticed when I’m out at night (bars, clubs, lounges) a guy will be flirtatious and unbeknownst his hand will brush up against my arm hair and it seems to occur a few times. This is especially true when dancing, their arms are always stroking the area of my arms that have the most concentration of arm hair. I’ve never called a guy out on that, but I always wonder if inside it’s something they like but they're just to shy to say or just discovering the nice feeling of arm fuzz. If they were disgusted by it, I’m sure they would have no problem in walking away, which they don’t. The first time this happened to me – a guy was playing with my arm hair inconspicuously or so he thought, I told my friends later that night how he was playing with arm hair which just NEVER happened before – lo and behold the guy actually admitted to liking arm hair which just floored me.


So now that I encounter that I wonder if the guy does like female hairy arms (maybe alcohol has a role? who knows?). Point is how come a hairy arm compliment can't be used to pick up??!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, when I see a girl with hairy arms.. the more and more I think about it.. I think it would actually work... the reason being is women who have hairy arms today either like them or they don't care.. its the ones who wax are the ones who are repulsed by arm hair.. I've made complements before, but not until after the ice has been broken ect.. never initially.. one of these days I will!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a weird situation when coming up to a woman about arm hair. lol. You don't know what you're going to get. Are they going to think you're making fun of them? Last thing I want them to feel is uncomfortable about that quality and then they'll shave it off the next day. lol. If they could only read my mind and see that I appreciate it just as much as like a cute hairstyle or dress. Maybe then it would be easier to compliment them and say, "Hey, I really like your arm hair." But I've always thought of it like that, as a pattern that creates some type of individuality and uniqueness. It's nice to look at. I think the appeal of touch though is something we understand subconsiously. We all know how a gentle stroke on our body hairs can cause goosebumps or this electricity. It's that reactive nature of hair that makes it so appealing as something that might give pleasure to another. Being that arms are the most accessable yet also structurally feminine part on a woman's body, it probably dominates the appeal of likeminded men such as myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably because we know that most of the time the woman will react negatively, and we're afraid of turning her off rather than pleasing her with a compliment. Sad, but true.

    ReplyDelete