Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Preferences

It's been awhile since I've been on this blog, and it's good to see other commentators!! I didn't realize the number of comments made...

I've had a few discussions with guy friends recently on what they like in a girl and I'm impressed to see that some admitted to liking hair (aside from head hair!) on ladies and others not really caring about it. Which was nice to hear! And then some having preferences for leg hair over arm hair. I guess it's true when they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My good friend is fine (and to a point I'm sure likes) arm pit hair on women, BUT he dislikes leg hair completely. Not sure why? Personal preferences I guess. And then another friend likes leg hair and arm pit hair, he finds it sexy....But no mention really of admiration or dislike for arm hair. Just plain don't care about the arm hair. It's funny to see and discuss the individual quirks and preferences of other people.
I've shared with close friends my stories about my (past) dislike of my arm hair and my sporadic waxing days. The reaction I got was 'really waxing - why?' or 'ouch doesn't that hurt?' It's nice to see they don't see the arm hair as 'gross' or 'unattractive' as I once labelled it in my head!

Just a side note, a few weeks back there was a comic strip in the newspaper that said if a guy can go a few days without shaving and be seen in public then women should be able to go out without shaving their legs either!! Brings up a good I point!! I quite enjoyed the strip, unfortunately I misplaced it.

*~Lisa~*

4 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    I have that comic strip at home...will post it to you when I find it.
    Your point about "the eye of the beholder" is quite correct: I love feminine body hair of all sorts, but know quite a few men and women who have very definite preferences for hair in some places, but not others. We all have our preferences, and that's fine. BTW, your latest photos at the GWHA site were very nice! Best, Bilbo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bilbo,
    It would be great to have that comic strip! And as always thanks for your kind words and compliments, always great to hear/read.
    Photos from the site must be an older set, and probably not the greatest since I never did full facial shots, but glad you enjoyed! :)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. and out of all those guy friends you didn't even mention me! (sniff sniff) :-P j/k

    I wanted to touch on what you said about all the comments you just noticed.. That's my fault. I didn't realize that I had them moderated and I had to log in to approve them. Sorry everyone, especially sorry to you Lisa, because they were all comments on your posts!!!!

    This blog is more popular than I thought! And did you see the 1,000 profile views you have?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Addendum:
    My friend Chris likes hairy arms as well, he admitted it to me one time. I was shocked of course. And then I learned he liked leg hair, another shocker, in addition to stomach fuzz and lower back fuzz. Amazing I thought to myself. Arm pit hair, doesn't do much for him, but he doesn't mind it either.
    Again preferences and to each his own!

    ReplyDelete